Pageviews last month

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Countdown: 42 Days!

This is just a bit about what I have gone through up until now regarding jaw/ortho work!
October 2002 - August 2004: braces for 22 months on 4 top teeth
2005: "Space Keeper" to keep my upper arch stable
2007: Expander on top teeth
June 2008 - June 2009: Full top braces
I got bottom braces at some point
October 2010: Top braces (my teeth were straight i just needed the brackets for surgery)
January 2011: Wisdom teeth removed
March 2011: final tightening of braces!
August 13th 2011: JAW SURGERY!!!!

I was supposed to get surgery shortly after October 2010 but due to miscommunication between my orthodontists about my wisdom teeth, I had to wait until 6 months after getting them removed, which pushed me back until July. My surgeon is Dr. Mark A. Egbert, DDS, Division Chief
Dentistry, Craniofacial, Oral Surgery

Consultation went great, the staff was nice, and he even had a cute resident helping out ;) My favorite part about him? He said that the surgery would just "enhance what I already had going on". The doctor said he thought we would achieve the best results if I had double jaw surgery, as opposed to only lower, which my ortho had said. After getting molds and bite trays done, we were told the scheduler would be calling us in two weeks. I eagerly awaited the phone call for THREE WEEKS, so my mom then proceeded to call them multiple times a week and push for a surgery date. After 5 weeks of waiting, during one of my moms weekly phone calls, they said they had LOST MY FILE!!! My mom immediately called the orthodontist to request copies of all my records. After my orthodontist confirmed he had hand delivered my files, they were mysteriously found and submitted to my insurance for pre-authorization. By the time the insurance had approved me, we were offered a surgery date of September. Luckily my ortho and surgeon have a good relationship and they negotiated and now my surgery is in August! Thanks Dr. Fey!

No comments:

Post a Comment