Pageviews last month

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 36: New pictures, old pictures

36 days?!!?! It's weird that its been this long. I was washing my hands the other day and when I looked in the mirror I was actually surprised by how I looked! I feel really great, not too much pain or anything, so its weird to see that I am still so swollen. The biggest issue I have had so far is that I got hit in the face twice at my back to school assembly and my face hurt A LOT! But it was an accident so I didn't get too mad. I have a very small spot on my chin left that is still partially numb, but I can tell its coming back! If I turn on my side while i'm sleeping my face feels kind of tight in the morning. Otherwise, all is well!

My six weeks is on Friday, so I am looking forward to being able to chew again. Soon I will be compiling all my best tips/food ideas into one post so it will be easy to read! Good luck to Max, who is just starting his jaw surgery adventure!

I was going through old pictures today and I feel the need to post them!

My very first impressions, 7 years old,  and 15 years old, before I got my top braces put back on :( These aren't actually how my jaws fit together, they are just like that because they were flat on the table. 

Right after waking up from getting my wisdom teeth taken out in January! The black thing is a stuffed doggy :)

Always working! I had just started an internship that week and I  had a lot of work to do, no rest for the weary!

The dreaded side shot! This is how my jaw was when I was at rest, its weird to think that everyone saw me like this!
 Now these are new pictures!
Looking normal! I didn't get any strange looks for my puffy cheeks!

My mom thinks I look like this little girl, her name is Grecia (Greece in spanish) and mine is Atenas (Athens in spanish!) 

Anyone see the resemblance? :)
Oh hey there perfect bite, nice to see you again!

1 comment:

  1. You look so awesome! Don't worry about the swelling - it's not that noticeable, and it's your body's way of healing itself, right?
    Continued congratulations, and hope the new school year is off to a great start!
    ~MK

    ReplyDelete