Pageviews last month

Monday, September 12, 2011

ONE MONTH!! Parallels in my life

Reflecting back on my one month since surgery, I am constantly stopped by the thoughts that I have to add 1000 words to my essay within the next couple of hours. Why you ask? Because in being my overachieving self, I am doing the International Baccalaureate diploma along with my regular one. While 98% of high school seniors are finishing up their 1 hour of homework, I am sitting here scratching my head about why I am doing this in the first place. And now to draw some parallels between IB and DJS (double jaw surgery).
Since freshman year I have been waiting for jaw surgery, I have known about it since before then, but we'll just start there. Freshman year was when I found out about IB, I knew I wanted to do it.

In the weeks before starting junior year, I was nervous/anxious, but just wanted to get it over with and started.  Same thing happened right before jaw surgery.

Once I started IB, I realized it wasn't as hard as people said it was. After I got jaw surgery, I was able to move around and stuff and I thought people were joking when they said they couldn't go back to work for 3 weeks.
Half way through IB I realize it's a lot tougher than its cut out to be and I may be in over my head. Half way through my 6 week recovery, my swelling is at a standstill, I'm always frustrated about what I can or cannot eat, and I just want it to be over with. The End. IB and Jaw surgery in a nutshell.

Pictures!

Wednesday: I won a basketball signed by Ashley Robinson

Saturday: Soccer game with the girls


Saturday night: Mariners game with my mom! 

Sunday: Taking a break from homework!

Wednesday again: my mother is always cleaning my face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment